Information about eligibility criteria, selection procedure and exam pattern.
RBI Assistant 2019 Exam will be conducted by Reserve Bank of India to select eligible candidates for the post of Assistant in various branches and sub-offices of RBI. It is a national level selection process and thus applications from all sections of India are welcomed.
- Age: 20 – 28 yrs
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates)in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC
- A candidate belonging to Ex-servicemen category (except dependents of ex-servicemen) should either be a graduate from a recognized University or should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent examination of the Armed Forces and rendered at least 15 years of defence services.
- Candidates applying for the post in a particular recruiting office should be proficient in the language (i.e. know to read, write, speak and understand the language) of the state/ any of the states falling under the recruiting office.
The relaxation in upper age limit will be provided to certain limits for reserved categories.
- Online preliminary examination
- Online main examination
|S.No||Section||Number of Questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||Composite time of 1 hour|
|S.No||Section||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||40||40||30 Mins|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||40||40||30 Mins|
|3||Reasoning Ability||40||40||30 Mins|
|4||General Awareness||40||40||25 Mins|
|5||Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 Mins|
Personal Interview – 35 marks
- The above main online tests except for the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
- Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective tests of the prelims and mains online examinations.
- A candidate has to qualify in Preliminary Examination for appearing in Main Examination.
- There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests (Preliminary and Main examination). 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Only such number of candidates will be called for interview who stand sufficiently high in merit on the aggregate marks of the Objective Tests, such merit being decided by the Bank in relation to the number of vacancies to be filled in.
Final selection will be on the basis of candidate’s performance in the online main examination and interview taken together in order of merit.