LIC (Life Insurance Corporation):
- Participating Insurance organizations: LIC
- Exam Conducting Organization: LIC
- Posts: AAO (Assistant Administrative Officer) and ADO (Apprentice Development Officer)
LIC AAO (ASSISTANT ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER)
Vacancy – 700 posts
- Age: 21 – 30 yrs
- Education: Bachelor/Master’s Degree from a recognized Indian University/ Institution
The relaxation in upper age limit will be provided to certain limits for reserved categories.
ST/SC: 5 Years
OBC: 3 Years
PwD: 10 Years
Please refer to the official notification for further details regarding age relaxation for other categories.
- Online examination
- Personal Interview
- Online Examination
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests||No. of Qs||Max Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language with focus on Vocab & Comprehension||40||*||Composite time of 2 hour|
|4||General awareness & Current Affairs||30||60|
- There will be a penalty of ¼ marks for each wrong answer in prelims examination.
- Candidate MUST pass in each Section separately and should also obtain minimum marks in the aggregate to qualify for the interview.
- English Language test is of qualifying nature and the marks in English Language will not be counted for ranking.
- Personal Interview
- Commensurate with the number of vacancies, LIC reserves the right to fix the minimum eligibility standards in order to restrict the candidates to be called for interview and also fix the minimum qualifying marks to qualify in the interview. Candidates who do not obtain the minimum qualifying marks as decided at a later stage shall be excluded from further selection process The decision of LIC in this regard shall be final and binding on the candidates and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard. II.
- The number of candidates to be called for interview will be about three times the number of vacancies to be filled in subject to availability of successful candidates in the online examination and will be purely as per their ranking in their respective category. Candidates will have to obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the interview.
- In case of similar marks of two or more candidates, the merit order of such group of candidates shall be as per the aggregate marks in online examination and interview and further as per their additional post graduation qualification (i.e. the person with higher educational qualification will be placed higher in the merit order) and in case of further similarity in educational qualification merit order will be decided on the basis of age, (i.e. senior in age will be placed higher in merit order). LIC will not be bound to take all the candidates with similar mark. It will only take candidates as per vacancy notified.
|Release of Application Form||December 2016|
|Date of Examination||March 2017|
|Declaration of Mains Result||April – May 2017|
- Age as on date specified in the notification. Relaxation in age for reserved categories as per rules.
- Application, fee payment and examination are online.
- Application Fee – Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates & Rs. 600/- for all others.
- All papers will be in both languages (Hindi & English) except the test of language i.e. English.
- There will be a penalty of ¼ marks for each wrong answer in online examination.
- Marks obtained in the online examination will be considered for shortlisting for interview and final merit list will be prepared by getting a combined score of online examination and interview.