17 Sept 2017
- India’s first Lithium-ion battery Unit will be set up in Gujrat, will be operational from 2020.
- HDFC Bank has retained its No.1 position in the BrandZ India Top 50 report of the year 2017.
- On 14th September 2017, the Advertising Club elected Mr.Vikram Sakhuja, Group Chief Executive Officer – Media and OOH, Madison Communications as its President.
- On 14th September 2017, Ms.Abanti Sankaranarayanan, Chief Strategy and Corporate Affairs Officer, Diageo India, has been elected as the chairperson of the board of The Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI).
- On 15th September 2017, Salman Khan was awarded Global Diversity Award at Britain’s House of Commons, in London.
- The Hindu Group was awarded two gold and one silver at the South Asian Digital Media Awards at the WAN-IFRA (World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers) India 2017 conference, in Chennai.
- Indian badminton player PV Sindhu won the women’s singles title at the Korean Open Super Series 2017 by defeating Japanese player Nozomi Okuhara, in Seoul, South Korea.
- In the latest ICC T20 rankings of batsmen Indian captain Virat Kohli has remained on top spot with 826 points.
- Pakistan beat World XI to clinch the final Twenty20 match and the series at Lahore’s Gaddafi Stadium on 15thof Sept. 2017.
16 Sept 2017
- On September 15,2017 ayurveda sytudents from across the country have set a new Guinness World Record for maximum number of people receiving ‘nasya panchakarma’treatment at 1st Rashtriya Ayurved Yuva Mahotsav, the national event for students of ayurveda., organised by the National Ayurveda Student Youth Association (NASYA) in association with the Department of AYUSH.
- Mr.Ban Ki-moon has been elected as the head of IOC’s Ethics Commission for a term of 4 years.
- On 14th September 2017, India’s first foreign coach for women boxers Mr.Stephane Cottalorda resigned from his position within 1 month of joining.
- On 15th September 2017, Mr.Suresh Chitturi, Managing Director of Srinivasa Farms, was appointed as Vice-Chairman of International Egg Commission, in Belgium.
- On 15th September 2017, The Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA) was awarded National level Rajbhasha Keerti Award.
- The book titled Unstoppable: My Life So Far is authored by tennis star Maria Sharapova was launched in September 2017.
15 Sept 2017
- On 13th September 2017, Global ranking for the least and most stressful cities of the world was released, by a firm called Zipjet, in London. Stuttgart,Germany is at the top ,Bangalore 130th and, New Delhi 142nd.
- According to the Henley & Partners – Kochenov Quality of Nationality Index (QNI) Germany’s quality of nationality is ranked first in the world. It was launched in London on 13th of Sept. 2017.
- On September 13,2017 UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has appointed the outgoing president of the General Assembly Peter Thomson as the first special envoy for the oceans.
- On 14th September 2017, Mr.Harsh Kumar Jain was appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Slovak Republic, in New Delhi.
- On 14th September 2017, Vijaya Bank was awarded the first prize under the Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar (Region C) for the year 2016-2017.
- On 13th September 2017, Rishabh Shah of Mumbai, bagged two bronze medals in the Under-14 Rapid and Blitz formats of the 2nd Western Asia Youth Chess Championship in Sri Lanka.
- Engineers day was celebrated all over India on 15th september every year by engineering community. It is celebrated as a tribute to the greatest Indian Engineer Bharat Ratna Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya.
14 Sept 2017
- On 12th September 2017, Indian cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar launched Mission 24 —to improve the quality of life in one of Mumbai’s poorest wards, in Mumbai.
- India has been ranked 103 on Global Human Capital Index 2017 released by World Economic Forum (WEF). India has scored the least among the BRICS countries.
- On 11th September 2017, Global Financial Centres Index 2017 was released, in which London has retained its 1 rank despite major issues regarding Brexit. Mumbai has managed to get 60th rank in the list.
- Mahendra Pratap Mall has appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) announced on 12th Sept. 2017.
- The Union Government has appointed M Nagaraja Sharma as the Chairman and Managing director of United India Insurance (UII) announced on 13th of Sept. 2017.
- On 13th September 2017, Goa’s Sports Minister Mr.Manohar Ajgaonkar said that Goa would host the 36th National Games, in Goa.
- Maharashtra has won the Chief Minister’s cup at National kickboxing championship. It has 45 gold medals.
13 Sept 2017
- On 11th September 2017, India has started producing ‘Civet Coffee’ the most expensive coffee in the world, in Karnataka.
- On 13th September 2017, Ms.Halima Yacob was declared as the first ever female President of Singapore, in Singapore.Ms. Halimah Yacob was selected as the President without election.
- US President Donald Trump has appointed Indian-American Raj Shah as Principal Deputy Press Secretary in US announced on 13th Sept. 2017.
- The 74th annual Venice International Film Festival was held from 30 August to 9 September 2017. The most important award is the Golden Lion at the Venice Biennale and considered one of the most prestigious film awards, like the Golden Palm in Cannes and the Golden Bear of Berlin. Details of the awards:
1 – Golden Lion – The Shape of Water, directed by Guillermo del Toro
2 – Grand Jury Prize – Foxtrot, directed by Samuel Maoz
3 – Silver Lion – Best Director Xavier Legrand, Jusqu’à la Garde
4 – Volpi Cup – Best Actress Charlotte Rampling, Hannah
5 – Volpi Cup – Best Actor Kamel El Basha, The Insult
6 – Best Screenplay – Martin McDonagh, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- On 7th September 2017, Raghunandan Industries Private Limited was awarded Krishi Pragati Award 2017, by National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange Limited (NCDEX), in New Delhi.
- On 13th September 2017, Jawaharlal Nehru Port Container Terminal (JNPCT) was awarded “Container Terminal of the Year” Award, in Mumbai.
- On 12th September 2017, Asian Games gold medalist Priyanka Panwar was suspended for eight years after she tested positive for a banned performance enhancing drug, in New Delhi.
12 Sept 2017
- Bharat Financial Inclusion signs pact with IndusInd Bank to explore merger. Indusind Bank CEO is Mr.Romesh Sobti.
- On 11th September 2017, Badminton Association of India (BAI) announced that it would award its first Lifetime Achievement Award to Prakash Padukone, in Kochi.
- On 11th September 2017, TCS (Tata Consultancy Services) appeared in Fortune’s annual list of the Top 50 companies that are changing the world.
- On 12th September 2017, Indian economist Ms.Bina Agarwal was announced the Balzan Prize, which is to be awarded in Bern, Switzerland, in November 2017.
- US Open Tennis 2017 Winners:
- Men’s Singles – Rafael Nadal
- Women’s Singles – Sloane Stephens
- Men’s Doubles – Jean-Julien Rojer and Horia Tecau
- Women’s Doubles – Chan Yung-Jan and Martina Hingis
- On 9th September 2017, Indian tennis player Sumit Nagal won the ITF Futures tournament, in Chennai.
11 Sept 2017
- The traditional Bonderam festival has started in Divar Island of Goa on 9th September 2017. The word “Bonderam” originated from the involvement of flags.
- Hurricane Irma has become the first storm in the world to sustain winds of 185 miles per hour for more than 24 hours. It’s the longest storm to sustain this speed since the 1970s.
- During a ceremony at Germany’s Lagau on the occasion of the One World Festival Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Chamling was honoured for his pioneering work in the field of organic farming.
- On 9th September 2017, Joycilline Jepkosgei of Kenya broke her own 10 km road world record, in Prague, Czech Republic.
10 Sept 2017
- India has won 2nd South Asian Basketball, SABA, Under – 16 Championship.
- Amazon has announced the opening of its largest fulfillment center in the country in Hyderabad.
- Sloane Stephens won the first major title of her career after defeating Madison Keys 6-3, 6-0 in the final of the 2017 U.S. Open.
- Prince Charles has become the longest-serving Prince of Wales in history
- Congress has appointed party lawmaker Sushmita Dev as the chief of Mahila Congress.
9 Sept 2017
- James Anderson became the sixth bowler and first Englishman to take 500 Test wickets.
- Former Indian men’s national squash champion Harinder Pal Sandhu won his fifth professional title in a row when he emerged victorious at the 10th leg of the Malaysian Tour.
- Satya Nadella, one of the most celebrated Indians in the global technology sector, has penned the inside story of his journey of becoming the CEO of software giant Microsoft. The book, titled ‘Hit Refresh’ is co-authored by Greg Shaw and Jill Tracie Nichols.
- According to a study by industry chambers Assocham, Karnataka stands at top among the states in terms of manufacturing excellence.
- The Unique Identification Authority of India’s CEO A.B. Pandey has been appointed as the interim chairman of the goods and services tax network.
8 September 2017
- Senior IAS officer N Baijendra Kumar has taken charge as the CMD of state-owned NMDC.
- Holland’s Sjoerd Marijne has taken over as the head coach of the India men’s hockey team following the sacking of fellow Dutchman Roelant Oltmans.
- Indian grappler Sonam clinched the gold medal at the Cadet World Wrestling Championship in Athens.
7 September 2017
- Viveck Goenka, Chairman & Managing Director of the Express Group was unanimously elected Chairman of Press Trust of India.
- Virat Kohli became the fastest to score 15,000 runs in international cricket, achieving the feat in 333 innings pushing Hashim Amla, who did so in 336 innings, to the second place.
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited has launched UJALA (Unnat Jyoti by Affordable Lighting for All) Scheme in Melaka, Malaysia.
6 September 2017
- India will host the 2019 edition of the Commonwealth (Youth, Junior and Senior) Weightlifting Championships.
- Dr Virendra Kumar has taken charge as the Minister of State for Women and Child Development.
- Indian shooter Ankur Mittal settled for the silver medal in the double trap event of the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Shotgun Championship.
- KV Rama Moorthy has assumed charge as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank.
5th September 2017
- Karur Vysya Bank has announced the appointment of P.R. Seshadri as its managing director and chief executive officer.
- National Teachers Day is observed every year on 5th September in India to commemorate birthday of Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan.
- Infosys co-founder Narayana Murthy was conferred the PLuS Alliance Prize, prize given for global leadership.
- Star India has piped 23 top companies participating in the auction to win the Indian Premier League media rights for a period of five years from 2018-2022.
- Karnataka Bank has bagged the ‘best bank’ award among small banks for use of technology for financial inclusion at the 13th IDRBT Banking Technology Excellence Awards 2016-17.
4th September 2017
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes was honoured by Minister of State for Personnel Jitendra Singh for successfully resolving public grievances.
- India’s Konsam Ormila Devi bagged a gold medal in 44kg weight category of the Commonwealth Youth (boys & girls) weightlifting championships, held at Gold Coast, Australia.
- AMD presented a new line of microprocessor chips called ‘Ryzen Pro’ for commercial desktop workstations to be available in India and other countries by end of 2017.
- Vasant Narasimhan will be elevated as chief executive of Novartis in February 2018.
- Rajyavardhan Rathore replaced Vijay Goel as the new Sports Minister in the latest cabinet reshuffle of the Narendra Modi govt.
- Tejasvi Duduka from Hyderabad won the women’s singles of U.S. Open Grand Slam Carrom tournament.
- Former India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni became the first wicketkeeper in the history of One-day Internationals to effect 100 stumpings.
- The world’s largest and powerful X-ray laser- European X-ray Free Electron Laser presented in Hamburg, Germany. XFEL is the world’s third major X-ray laser facility.
- Lewis Hamilton was first, while Valtteri Bottas and Sebastian Vettel came second and third respectively in the 2017 Italian grand prix.
- Thirty-five years since India’s defence ministry last saw a woman at its helm, there is another: Nirmala Sitharaman – India’s first woman defence minister.
3rd September 2017
- Hyderabad International Airport Ltd bagged the National Award for ‘Excellence’ in Energy Management at a conference hosted by the CII.
- Ajay Vipin Nanavati has assumed charge as Chairman of Syndicate Bank.
- IDRBT, an arm of the RBI is developing a model platform for blockchain technology.
- The BJP-led coalition Cabinet of Goa passed an amendment granting coconut palm the status of “State tree”.
2nd September 2017
- Sanjaya Baru has taken over as the Secretary General of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry.
- Hockey India has sacked national coach Roelant Oltmans after a string of unimpressive outings at the international level.
- IAS officer Anita Karwal has been appointed as the new chairperson of Central Board of Secondary Education.
- Govt has given interim charge of Coal India Ltd Chairman to Gopal Singh, Chairman of Central Coalfields.
- Ajay Bijli, Chairman & MD of PVR, will receive “Exhibitor of the Year” Award at CineAsia Awards Ceremony in Hong Kong.
- For the first time in 27 years, the Assam govt has on its own extended the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act for 6 months.
- Wildcard entrant Gaurav Bidhuri’s remarkable run at World Boxing Championships ended with a bronze medal after he lost his semi final clash to Duke Ragan in Hamburg.
- Gujarat’s commercial capital Ahmedabad was formally accorded the status of India’s first World Heritage City by UNESCO.
1st September 2017
- The Ministry of Mines has appointed Santosh Sharma as Chairman and Managing Director of Hindustan Copper for a period of five years.
- National Nutrition Week will be observed throughout India from 1st to 7th September.
- Noted economist Rajiv Kumar today took over as the vice-chairman of government think tank Niti Aayog.
- Housing finance company, DHFL has elevated Harshil Mehta as Joint Managing Director & CEO of the company with effect from September 1.
- JY Pillay, an Indian-origin veteran civil servant, was appointed as Singapore’s acting president until a new head of state is sworn in later in September.
- Senior bureaucrat Rajiv Mehrishi has been appointed to lead the country’s top audit body Comptroller and Auditor General.
- Govt has appointed former I&B secretary Sunil Arora as the Election Commissioner.