30 Nov 2017
- Pankaj Advani continued his strong show on global stage by winning the 15-frame IBSF World Snooker Championship at the Al Arabi Sports Club in Doha. It was the Indian star’s 18th world title.
- Mirabai Chanu scripted history by becoming the first Indian woman in over two decades to clinch gold at the 2017 World Weightlifting Championship in Anaheim, USA.
- Ankushita Boro, a young girl from Assam, has done India proud after winning ‘The Best Boxer’ title in World Youth Women’s boxing Championship held in Guwahati.
29 Nov 2017
- France have won their 10th Davis Cup title after a 3-2 victory in the final against Belgium. The Davis Cup is the premier international team event in men’s tennis.
- The Indian men’s and women’s kabaddi teams were both crowned the champions of Asia after beating Pakistan and South Korea respectively in Gorgan, Iran.
- Snehlata Shrivastava has been appointed as the new Secretary General of the Lok Sabha. She will be the first woman secretary general of the Lok Sabha and will assume charge on 1 December. Her tenure will end on 30 November, 2018.
Robin Campillo’s French film ‘120 Beats Per Minute’, which deals with the subject of AIDS, won the Golden Peacock Award for best film at the 48th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) held in Goa.
28 Nov 2017
‘Mitra’, a made-in-India robot developed by Bengaluru-based Invento Robotics, declared the start of the Global Entrepreneurship Summit in Hyderabad today (28th Nov). Prime Minister Narendra Modi and US First daughter Ivanka Trump inaugurated the event by pressing a button on the bot following which it announced the start of the event and welcomed them.
- A new Payments Bank ‘Paytm Payments Bank’ was formally launched at the hands of the Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in New Delhi. It is India’s only mobile first bank providing zero balance accounts and zero digital transaction charges.
- UK’s premier Southhall Football Club will jointly set up an international level football academy with Cordia Institutes at its campus in Punjab.
- The national sports icons and celebrities came together to honour the sports personalities of the country in the inaugural edition of Indian Sports Honours 2017 held in Mumbai.
- Inspirational Honour – Tennis player Sania Mirza
- Transformational Contribution to Sports award – Olympic champion Abhinav Bindra
- Team of the Year – The Indian Women’s Cricket Team
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, conferred the 3rd ICCR Distinguished Indologist Award on Professor Hiroshi Marui of Japan.
27 Nov 2017
- Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has won Bronze Medal for its creative and informative display at the 37th India International Trade Fair 2017.
- On 26th November 2017, Miss South Africa Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters was crowned Miss Universe 2017 at the AXIS theater at Planet Hollywood casino-resort on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Actor Ishaan Khattar has won the Best Actor award for his debut film ‘Beyond The Clouds’ at the International Bosphorus Film Festival in Turkey.
- On 26th November 2017, the Chandigarh Literary Society awarded children’s author Ruskin Bond its first Lifetime Achievement Award, at the Chandigarh Lit Fest ‘Literati-2017’ at the Lake Club, in Chandigarh.
- Aegon Life Insurance has appointed Vineet Arora as the Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, effective from January 2018.
- Valtteri Bottas beats Lewis Hamilton to win the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2017.
- Indian contingent to BWF Para-Badminton World Championships in Ulsan, South Korea has clinched 10 medals, including two golds.
- On 26th November 2017, India won 5 gold medals at the AIBA World Women’s Youth Boxing Championships, in Guwahati.
- On 25th November 2017, India’s top skeet shooter Mairaj Ahmad Khan was crowned national champion at the 61st National Shooting Championship Competitions (61st NSCC) for Shotgun events, at Dr. Karni Singh Shooting Range, New Delhi.
- On 26th November 2017, the Indian men’s and women’s kabaddi teams were both crowned the champions of Asia at the 2017 Asian Kabaddi Championship, in Gorgan, Iran.
26 Nov 2017
- On 24th November 2017, the Golden Temple has been awarded the ‘most visited place of the world’ by ‘World Book of Records’ (WBR), a London-based organisation that catalogues and verifies world records.
- Scientists of New Zealand have developed the world’s first artificial intelligence politician.
- On 26th November 2017, Gopi Thonakal became the first Indian man to win Asian Marathon Championship after he won gold in the 16th edition of the Asian Marathon Championship, in Dongguan, China.
- Virat Kohli has become the first captain to score 10 international hundreds in a calendar year.
- On 26th November 2017, Constitution Day was celebrated all over India.
25 Nov 2017
- ‘Ayodhya Mahotsav’, depicting the cultural heritage of the temple town, would be held in Seoul and Gimhe cities of South Korea in 2018.
- On 24th November 2017, Lionel Messi received his fourth Golden Shoe award for leading all of Europe’s leagues in scoring last season, in Barcelona.
- India wrestler Ritu Phogat (48kg) clinched the silver medal in the Under-23 Senior World Wrestling Championship at Poland.
24 Nov 2017
- Indian Railways has installed Asia’s largest Solid State Interlocking (SSI) system in Kharagpur, which will enable station masters to set 800 different routes for trains in a matter of minutes.
- On 23rd November 2017, Bollywood movie ‘Newton’ secured two wins with Rajkummar Rao winning the best actor award at the Asia Pacific Screen Awards in Brisbane, Australia.
- On 24th November 2017, Emmerson Mnangagwa sworn in as Zimbabwe’s second president since independence in 1980.
- On 23rd November 2017, the Indian football team remained static at 105th in the latest FIFA (International Federation of Association Football) rankings.
- On 19 – 26th November 2017, Youth Women’s World Championships 2017 is held in Guwahati, Assam.
23 Nov 2017
- Pondicherry University library has bagged the Highest Profile Registration category award for effective utilisation of the J-Gate@eShodhSindhu platform.
- On 22nd November 2017, Indian Navy inducted its first-ever woman pilot, Shubhangi Swaroop.
- Basel will become the first city to jointly host the Badminton and Para Badminton World Championships in 2019.
22 Nov 2017
- On November 21, 2017 (on the occasion of ‘World Fisheries Day’), Union Agriculture Minister, Radhan Mohan Singh stated that India has become the second largest fish producing country in the world.
- A team of research students from Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management-Kerala (IIITM-K) have won the prestigious NITI Aayog prize in the inaugural edition of the Proffer Hackathon held at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) – New Delhi.
- On 19th November 2017, at the Tata Literature Live! Awards, Pankaj Mishra’s ‘Age of Anger: A History of the Present’ was named as Best Book of the year 2017.
- Sri Lankan author Anuk Arudpragasam has bagged the Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize 2017 for his debut novel “The Story of a Brief Marriage”, set in the backdrop of the civil war.
- On 21st November 2017, Robert Mugabe, who ruled Zimbabwe since independence in 1980 resigned as President, ending his 37 year rule.
21 Nov 2017
- On 21st November 2017, India’s nominee to the International Court of Justice (ICJ) Dalveer Bhandari was re-elected to the last seat of the world court.
- Associate Scientific Director of the Centre for the AIDS Programme of Research in South Africa (Caprisa) Professor Quarraisha Abdool Karim has been appointed UNAIDS Special Ambassador for Adolescents and HIV.
- On 20th November 2017, Ira Joshi was appointed as the Director General of Doordarshan News following the retirement of Veena Jain.
- Beyonce has jumped from number 5 last year to clinch the top spot (number 1) in Forbes magazine’s 2017 list for the highest-paid women in music.
- The Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA) has decided to name the Gate No. 3 and 4 of the Ferozshah Kotla stadium after Anjum Chopra, who represented India in six World Cups.
20 Nov 2017
- Indian government under Prime Minister Narendra Modi has ranked as third most trusted government in the world as per Government at a Glance 2017 published by Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
- Veteran journalist Manik Banerjee, who is also a renowned mountaineer was presented with the Life Time Achievement Award by the Indian Mountaineering Foundation (IMF).
- On 20th November 2017, Tamil actor Trisha Krishnan was conferred the UNICEF celebrity advocate status for child rights at an event held in Chennai.
- Popular Bengali writer Nabaneeta Dev Sen has been declared as winner in ‘Author in Bengali language’ category at the second edition of Big Little Book Award.
- On 19th November 2017, Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov beat Belgium’s David Goffin and won the singles title of 2017 Nitto ATP Finals, at The O2 Arena, in London.
- On 19th November 2017, Hockey Karnataka won the second edition of the Hockey India 5-a-side Senior Men’s National Championship 2017 title at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Stadium, in Balewadi, Pune.
- On 19th November 2017, Ethiopia’s current woman world athlete of the year Almaz Ayana and Ethiopia’s Berhanu Legese won gold in the women’s and men’s event respectively at the Delhi Half Marathon 2017.
- On 19th November 2017, Afghanistan defeated Pakistan and won the Under-19 Asia Cricket Cup for the first time at the Kinrara Academy Oval in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
19 Nov 2017
- Sarajevo Haggadah, the 14th- century richly illuminated Hebrew manuscript, has been included in UNESCO’s Memory of the World Register.
- Sarah Clarke, a former director of the Wimbledon tennis championships, has been appointed as Black Rod at the House of Lords. It is the first time a woman has held this position in the UK parliament’s 669-year history.
- Former Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh has been chosen for Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for the year 2017. Dr. Manmohan Singh has been chosen for achievements during his term as Prime Minister of India between 2004 and 2014.
- Haryana Girl Manushi Chillar wins Miss World 2017. India has won the Miss World 2017 title 17 years after Priyanka Chopra won the title in 2000. Andrea Meza, who is Miss Mexico was the first runner up and Stephanie Hill from England was second runner up.
- Sri Lankan author Anuk Arudpragasam’s “The Story of a Brief Marriage” has bagged the $25,000 DSC Prize for South Asian Literature 2017.
- On 18th November 2017, Yuki Bhambri clinched his first title of the 2017 season on the ATP Challenger Tour following a win over Ramkumar Ramanathan in the final of the KPIT-MSLTA Challenger in Pune.
- On 17th November 2017, India’s table tennis doubles pair A Sharath Kamal and G Sathiyan won a bronze medal at the Seamaster 2017 World Tour Swedish Open.
- On 18th November 2017, Leander Paes and Purav Raja won the JSM Champaign Challenger trophy, their second title together, winning over Ruan Roelofse and Joe Salisbury.
- On 19th November 2017, International Men’s Day was observed all over the world.
18 Nov 2017
- As per rankings released by business magazine ‘Fortune’, Qatar is World’s Richest Country in terms of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) Per Capita.
- China has opened the world’s coolest library in the Binhai Cultural District in Tianjin, China.
- On 17th November 2017, markets regulator, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) said that, Anand Rajeshwar Baiwar has taken charge as an executive director.
- Sibi George has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Principality of Liechtenstein.
- Sushil Kumar and Geeta Phogat bagged gold medal at the 62nd National Wrestling championship in Indore.
- Wrestler Sandeep Tulsi has been handed a four-year ban by the Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel of the NADA.
17 Nov 2017
- Major travel publication Travel+Leisure has named Canada ‘the destination of the year’ in their recent feature of 2017.
- Nicaraguan author and former politician Sergio Ramirez Mercado has won the 2017 Cervantes Prize, the Spanish-speaking world’s highest literary honor.
- On 14th November 2017, President Ram Nath Kovind awarded “Rashtriya Bal Kalyan Award 2017” to Super 30 founder Anand Kumar for his contributions in the field of teaching and education, at Rashtrapati Bhavan, in New Delhi.
- Chakravarthi AVPS, Managing Director, Ecobliss India, has been appointed as global ambassador of the World Packaging Organisation (WPO).
- On 16th November 2017, Shagun Chowdhary bagged a national champion crown when she won the women’s trap event at the 61st National Shooting Championship, in New Delhi.
- On 17th November 2017, International Students Day was celebrated all over the world.
16 Nov 2017
- On 16th November 2017, Nagaland became the first among the North Eastern states to launch Point of Sale (PoS) for electricity bill payment.
- On 14th November 2017, Indonesia’s Kevin Lilliana was crowned Miss International 2017 by the Philippines’ Kylie Verzosa at the Tokyo Dome City Hall in Japan.
- On 14th November 2017, the Andhra Pradesh government announced Nandi Awards of the year 2014, 2015 and 2016. Baahubali won fourteen awards and Kamal Haasan and Rajinikanth were the winners of NTR honour. Rajinikanth and Kamal Haasan won the NTR National Award for the year 2014 and 2015, respectively.
- On 15th November 2017, France was announced as the surprise host of the 2023 Rugby World Cup.
15 Nov 2017
- On 15th November 2017, Google paid its tributes to Cornelia Sorabji, India’s first woman lawyer, through a doodle on the occasion of her 151st birth anniversary.
- Eminent chartered accountant Sethurathnam Ravi has been appointed as the chairman of the leading stock exchange BSE.
- Aditi Ashok has qualified for the CME Group Tour Championship on the LPGA (Ladies Professional Golf Association), becoming the first from India to play in the prestigious meet.
14 Nov 2017
- On 14th November 2017, the Geographical Indications (GI) Registry announced that, West Bengal has been awarded the Geographical Indications (GI) status for ‘Rosogolla’.
- On 11th November 2017, Indian women’s cricket team captain Mithali Raj bagged the Indian Sportswoman of the Year (Team Sports) award at the Indian Sports Honours (ISH) 2017 event held in Mumbai.
- On 13th November 2017, scientist Vijay Prasad Dimri was appointed as the president of the 36th International Geological Congress (IGC), a global platform for advancement of earth science, to be held in New Delhi in 2020.
- On 12th November 2017, Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel won the Brazilian Grand Prix, a Formula One championship race, in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- On 13th November 2017, Italy failed to qualify for the Football World Cup 2018 for the first time since 1958 at San Siro, Italy.
- On 14th November 2017, Children’s Day is celebrated all over India.
13 Nov 2017
- Transport for London has been given the 2017 ‘Bad Grammar Award’ by The Idler Academy in Britain.
- Indian cueist Pankaj Advani has won his 17th world title at the IBSF World Billiards Championship 2017 in Doha, Qatar.
- On 12th November 2017, Spain’s Marc Marquez won his sixth world championship and fourth in the premier MotoGP category with third place at the season-ending Valencia Grand Prix.
- On 12th November 2017, tennis player Rafael Nadal was presented the ATP World Number 1 award on court, at the ATP World Tour Finals at the O2 Arena, in London.
- On 13th November 2017, World Kindness Day was celebrated in various parts of the world.
12 Nov 2017
- According to Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) data, Varanasi’s Air Quality Index (AQI) at 4pm on 10th November 2017 was at 491 at Ardhali Bazar monitoring station, making it the most polluted city of India.
- Turner International India, the parent entity of Cartoon Network brand has announced that it has entered into a brand partnership with a Gujarat-based private firm to set up India’s first cartoon network theme amusement park in Surat.
- India’s gymnastic star Dipa Karmakar, who finished fourth in the final round of the women’s vault event at the Rio Olympics Games in Brazil last year,was on Saturday i.e. on 11th Nov 2017, conferred a D.Litt. degree by the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Agartala.
- On 10th November 2017, Hyderabad Police Commissioner M. Mahender Reddy was appointed as Director-General of Police (DGP) of Telangana.
- On October 11, 2017, Supreme Court appointed former football captain Bhaskar Ganguly as ombudsman of All India Football Federation (AIFF).
- On 11th November 2017, Bharat Khandare became first Indian-born Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighter to be signed by the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship).
- On 11th November 2017, Teddy Riner won his tenth World title in the 2017 Judo World Championships Open in Marrakesh and remains undefeated emperor in judo.
11 Nov 2017
- On 10th November 2017, Neelachal Ispat Nigam Limited (NINL) received the prestigious “Kalinga Safety Award” in the 8th Odisha State Safety Conclave.
- On 10th November 2017, Ravi Bangar was appointed as Ambassador of India to Ecuador.
- NASSCOM has appointed Debjani Ghosh, former MD, Intel South Asia, as the NASSCOM President-Designate, making her the first woman President of NASSCOM.
- On 11th November 2017, National Education Day was observed all over India.
National Education Day is celebrated on 11 November every year to mark the birth anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the first education minister of independent India.
10 Nov 2017
- Eminent classical singer late Girija Devi will be honoured with the prestigious Sumitra Charat Ram Award for Lifetime Achievement on 17th November 2017 in New Delhi.
- On 9th November 2017, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was named as the recipient of the Mother Teresa Memorial Award for Social Justice, 2017 as an acknowledgement of its exceptional work worldwide.
- On 9th November 2017, Indian para shooters Deepender Singh and Manish Narwal set 2 world records in the Shooting Para Sport World Cup 2017, in Bangkok.
- On 8th November 2017, noted author and Padma Shri awardee Manu Sharma died in Varanasi following prolonged illness.
9 Nov 2017
- On 7th November 2017, organisers announced that, Natalie Portman has been awarded Israel’s 2018 Genesis Prize in recognition of her commitment to social causes and deep connection to her Jewish and Israeli roots.
- Ravinder Singh Bhalla has become the first ever Sikh mayor of New Jersey’s Hoboken city.
- On 8th November 2017, Saina Nehwal and HS Prannoy won titles in Senior National Badminton Championship 2017, in Nagpur.
- On 9th November 2017, Uttarakhand celebrated its 17th formation day.
8 Nov 2017
- On 6th November 2017, Eric Vuillard’s novel L’ordre du jour (in English ‘Agenda’), story of how German industry and finance backed Adolf Hitler, won the top Goncourt Prize 2017 award, at the restaurant Drouant in Paris.
- On 08th Nov 2017, the social media giant, Twitter announced that it is extending the 140 character limit to 280 characters in all languages where cramming was an issue.
- On 7th November 2017, Strike bowler Mitchell Starc took two hat-tricks in the same first-class game in Australia.
- On 8th November 2017, Mary Kom won the gold medal in the Asian Boxing Championships in the Light Flyweight category, in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
7 Nov 2017
- On 31st October 2017, ASSOCHAM (Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India) honoured CMC Skills’ Founder Ms. Maya Swaminathan Sinha with the ‘Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2017’ award in Ranchi.
- On 1st November 2017, Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company was awarded the 21st Asia Insurance Industry Awards in the “General Insurance Company of the Year” category, at Singapore.
- On 5th November 2017, Indian short film ‘The School Bag’ won the Best Short Film Award at the South Asian Film Festival of Montreal (SAFFM) in Montreal.
- On 6th November 2017, senior IAS officer Binoy Kumar was appointed as Special Secretary in the Commerce Ministry.
- On 6th November 2017, the government named Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia as the new Finance Secretary of India.
- On 6th November 2017, the official logo, mascot and anthem for 2017 AIBA Youth Women’s World Boxing Championship was unveiled in a ceremony at Guwahati, Assam.
- The official mascot, named Guppy, is a female version of Assam’s one-horned rhino.
- The official anthem is ‘Make Some Noise’. The anthem was composed by Shaan and sung by Sunidhi Chauhan.
- The logo consists of two key elements – the strength of an Indian woman in the form of a female boxer and the culture of Assam through the ‘gamosa’, a cherished hand-woven piece of cloth in Assam. It has integrated the national flag’s three main colours – saffron, green and white.
- Commonwealth Shooting Championships 2017 was held in Gold Coast, Australiafrom 28th October, 2017 to 8th November, 2017. The Indian squad won a total of 20 medals which included six gold, seven silver and seven bronze medals.
6 Nov 2017
- On 5th November 2017, Veteran actor Mohan Joshi was honoured with the prestigious Vishnudas Bhave award for his contribution to theatre.
- On 5th November 2017, Shiv Kapur won his first Asian Tour title in India, bagging the Panasonic Open title 2017 at the Delhi Golf Club.
5 Nov 2017
- On November 4, 2017, India set a Guinness world record by cooking 918 kg khichdi at ‘World Food India’ 2017 event in New Delhi.
- On 3rd November 2017, Madhu Azad of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Councillor for Ward 7, bagged the post of Gurgaon Mayor, becoming the first ever female mayor of Gurgaon.
- Ashwani Kumar, Principal Secretary in the Delhi Public Works Department (PWD), has been appointed as Chief Secretary for Puducherry.
- N Poonguzhali has become the first woman to be appointed as senior Deputy Director General (DDG), Tamil Nadu, Telecom Enforcement Resource Monitoring, Department of Telecommunications (DoT).
- On November 4, 2017, Indian golfer Aditi Ashok won the Fatima Bint Mubarak Ladies Open in Abu Dhabi, UAE and has thereby won her third Ladies European Tour (LET) title in less than twelve months.
- Indian table tennis players Achanta Sharath Kamal and Sathiyan Gnanasekaran have won bronze medal in the men’s doubles category of the 2017 Challenge Belgium Open.
- India beats China 5-4 via and won the women’s Asia Cup hockey and India also qualified for next year’s World Cup as Continental champion.
4 Nov 2017
- Kazakhstan, a Central Asian Country will change its name to Qazaqstan. This will be done by 2025.
- Air New Zealand has been named ‘Airline of the Year’ for 2018 by AirlineRatings.com.
- Tata Power Solar has won ‘Dun & Bradstreet – Everest Infra Awards 2017’ under Infrastructure Project category for commissioning India’s largest solar project under Domestic Content Requirement for NTPC at Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh.
- On 3rd November 2017, the Jnanpith Selection Board announced that renowned Hindi writer Krishna Sobti has been chosen for 2017 Jnanpith Award.
- Indian playwright, actor, film director, and writer Girish Karnad has been announced as the recipient of the Tata Literature Live! Lifetime Achievement Award for 2017.
- Srirangam temple of Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu has won the UNESCO Asia Pacific Award of Merit 2017 for cultural heritage conservation.
- Five-time world champion MC Mary Kom has been appointed as ambassador of the AIBA Women’s Youth World Championships 2017 to be held in Guwahati from 19 to 26 November 2017.
- On 2nd November 2017, Dina Wadia, daughter and the only child of Pakistan’s founder Muhammad Ali Jinnah passed away in New York.
3 Nov 2017
- ‘Fake news’ has been named the word of the year by Collins dictionary due to its widespread use around the world in recent times.
- On 1st November 2017, Mukesh Ambani, Chairman of Reliance Industries, overtook China’s Hui Ka Yan and became Asia’s richest person with a total wealth of$42.1 billion.
- On 2nd November 2017, Home Ministry announced that, Nasir Kamal has been appointed as Additional Director General of Border Security Force (BSF).
- On 2nd November 2017, Kidambi Srikanth secured a career-best ranking of World No. 2,after jumping two places in the latest BWF (Badminton World Federation) ranking.
2 Nov 2017
- Karnataka’s Mudhol Hound, an Indian dog breed, is being trained to serve in the Indian Army, making it the First Indian Dog Breed to be trained for Army Duty.
- ICICI Bank Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director (MD) Chanda Kochhar and Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra have featured on the list of the world’s 100 most powerful women compiled by Forbes. The overall list was topped by German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- On 1st November 2017, Royal Opera House in Charni Road, Mumbai, was awarded the 2017 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Award for Cultural Heritage Conservation.
- On 1st November 2017, Paytm Payments Bank appointed former ICICI Bank executive Sudhanshu Jain as its Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- On 1st November 2017, junior world record holder javelin thrower, Neeraj Chopra was appointed as brand ambassador for Gatorade, sports drinks giant, in a partnership up to 2021.
- On 29th October 2017, Roger Federer won 8th Swiss Indoors title, in Basel, Switzerland.
- On 31st October 2017, the Delhi District Cricket Association inaugurated the Virender Sehwag Gate at the Feroz Shah Kotla.
1 Nov 2017
- On October 30, 2017, Maharashtra Coastal Zone Management Authority (MCZMA)approved Maharashtra State government’s application to increase the height of the proposed statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj (off the coast of Mumbai) from the earlier 192 metres to 210 metres. This will make Shivaji Statue to be world’s tallest at 210 m.
- Noted Malayalam Poet and literary critic, K Satchidanandan, has been selected for 2017 Ezhuthachan Puraskaram award, Kerala government’s highest literary honour.
- Suresh Chukkapalli, Chairman of Phoenix Group of Hyderabad, has been appointed as Honorary Consul General in Hyderabad, by South Korea, with consular jurisdiction over the state of Telangana.
- On 31st October 2017, Karnataka government announced that, Neelmani N. Raju is the next Director General and Inspector General of Police (DG & IGP) of Karnataka, making her the first woman police chief of Karnataka.
- On 1stNov 2017, the Bharti AXA Life Insurance, a subsidiary of Bharti Enterprises,appointed Vikas Seth as chief executive officer (CEO).
- On 29th October 2017, it was announced that, Pakistan will host the next Asian Cricket Council (ACC) Emerging Nations Cup in April 2018.
- On 30th October 2017, Indian wrestler Geeta Phogat won a gold medal at the All India Police Championship 2017.
- On 29th October 2017, Rohan Bopanna and Pablo Cuevas won the Erste Open title in Vienna, and Saketh Myneni and Vijay Sundar Prashanth pair won theVietnam Open trophy at the Ho Chi Minh City, in Vietnam.