30 June 2017
- An 11 year old boy Arnav, who is of indian origin, has scored higher in an IQ test than Albert Einstein & Stephen Hawking.
- Astrologer & Numerologist TS Vineeth Bhatt has been conferred with the ‘Best Astrologer of the World’ award at the Russian-Indian economic dialogue round table meet held in Moscow, Russia.
- Indigenously developed mobile application for digitising vaccine logistics, eVIN, has won the prestigious GSMA Asia Mobile Award 2017.
- A senior Diplomat Shamma Jain has been appointed as India’s Ambassador to Greece on 29th June 2017.
- SN Subrahmanyam will take charge as the CEO & MD of Larsen & Toubro from 1st July 2017.
29 June 2017
- Adi Godrej, Andrew Liveris bags USIBC Global Leadership Awards.
- Trump picks Indian American Krishna R. Urs to be ambassador to Peru.
- Kidambi Srikanth now 8th in the latest World Badminton Rankings released on June 29, 2017.
28 June 2017
- India ranks 93rd out of 128 in Social Progress Index 2017.
- Sharjah has been crowned with the prestigious ‘the World Book Capital’ for 2019 by UNESCO.
- Uttrakhand has been conferred the award of excellence at the 2nd Global Skill Development Summit held in Paris on 23rd June 2017.
- Kaushik Basu is new International Economic Association President.
- Rajesh Shah has been named as the chairperson of the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT). He will replace Chetan Chauhan.
- Roger Federer demolishes Alexander Zverev to win ninth Halle Open title.
- FIFA is set to shift India’s Under-17 World Cup matches from Mumbai to Delhi on 28th June 2017.
27 June 2017
- Former India hockey Captain Dhanraj Pillay will be conferred East Bengal’s football club’s highest honor that is Bharat Gaurav.
- Actress Priyanka Chopra has been appointed as ambassador for government’s Skill India Campaign.
- Mihai Tudose has been named as prime minister of Romania on 26th June 2017.
- Leander Paes & Adil Shamasdin clinch Aegon Ilkey Challenger tennis title.
- ISSF junior World C’ship : India win team bronze in 25 m rapid fire pistol.
- Indian men and women throwball teams create history by bagging a gold medal in the world games.
26 June 2017
- Manushi Chillar from Haryana wins the title of Miss India 2017.
- Jammu & Kashmir Governer N N Vohra has been appointed the President of the India International Council (IIC) – one of the premier cultural institutions in the country.
- Col Dr Srinivas Gokulnath of Nashik became the first Indian to complete solo race across America (RAAM) cycle race of 5,000 Kms on 25th June 2017.
- India’s Yashaswini Deswal bags Gold in 10 m air pistol.
- Doon Girl Bhumika Sharma wins Miss World title in bodybuilding championship.
- The fast rising Ankush Dahiya (60 Kg) clinched a gold medal and L Devendro Singh (52 Kg) got a silver medal in Ulaanbaatar Cup boxing tournament on 26th June 2017.
25 June 2017
- The World Taekwondo Federation has changed its name to World Taekwondo on 25th June 2017.
- The Sports Journalists Federation of India (SJFI), at its annual general meeting on June 25, 2017, decided to confer the best sportsperson of the year award on Badminton player P V Sindhu and best team of the year award to Indian Junior Hockey Squad.
- IDFC Ltd has announced the elevation of its CFO Sunil Kakar as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer. He is appointed for 3 years.
- Kidambi Srikanth beats Chen Long to win Australian Open Super Series.
- Anish Bhanwala wins standard pistol Gold with world record in Junior World Championship.
24 June 2017
- Salman Khan’s Sultan wins Best Action movie at 20th Shanghai International Film Festival
- The West Bengal Government has won the prestigious United Nations (UN) Public Service Award for the ‘Kanyashree Prakalpa’ initiative aimed to combat child marriage and ensure education to the girl child in the state.
- The country’s highest literary body, the ‘Sahitya Akademi’ award has been presented to two Konkani literary personalities Vincy Quadros & Amey Naik from Goa.
- Quadros has been selected for Sahitya Academi’s ‘Bal Sahitya Puraskar‘ for his book ‘Jaduche Petul’ for children in Konkani.
- Amey Naik has been selected for Yuva Puraskar 2017 for his konkani poetry collection ‘Mog Dot Com’.
- Nisha Dutt has been honoured with the “Social Entrepreneur of the Year” award at the 7th Asian Awards in London. She is the chief executive officer of Hyderabad based Intellecap.
- Vijaya Bank has received Skoch Awards in following categories – Best bank in Public Sector, Best bank for NPA Management – Organization Category; Retail Lending; Inclusive Wallet – VPAYQWIK; Digital Inclusion; IT security; e-Surveillance of ATMs and branches; and 100 Digital Villages – Financial Inclusion.
- Wipro Chairman Azim Premji honoured with Carnegie Medal of Philantrophy, award given in effort to reform India’s public school system.
- Imran Khawaja appointed as ICC Deputy Chairman.
- ICC announces two new Test Cricketing nations Ireland & Afghanistan.
- Kuldeep Yadav 1st male chinaman bowler to represent India in ODIs.
23 June 2017
- Lalit Mohan Das gets Biju Patnaik Award for Scientific Excellence.
- Kavita Devi becomes first Indian woman wrestler to compete in WWE.
- 23rd June 2017 is celebrated as International Olympic Day.
22 June 2017
- Uttarakhand & Haryana have become the fourth & Fifth open Defecation Free (ODF) state in the country, announced by Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar.
- According to ‘World Population Prospects – the 2017 Revision’ released by United Nations on June 21, 2017, world’s population will surpass the 8 billion mark in year 2023.
- Estonia to open the World’s first data embassy in Luxemborg.
- Bengaluru has become the country’s first city where one can have fuel delivered at one’s doorstep. For upto 100 litres, delivery charge would be Rs 99. Above 100 litres, one needs to pay the diesel price plus one additional rupee per litre. This is being done by a startup, Mypetrolpump.
- Anti hunger activist Ankit Kawatra has been selected for prestigious Queen’s Young Leaders Award with 60 others from all 53 Commonwealth countries.
- Sonam Kapoor’s fashion label Rheson wins People for the Ethnic Treatment of Animals (PETA) on 22nd June 2017. Sonam was crowned as PETA’s Hottest Vegetarian Celebrity 2016.
- The International Dublin Literary Award has been awarded to the Angolan writer Jose Eduardo Agualusa on 21st June for his 14th novel, A General Theory of Oblivion.
- Major reshuffle in central bureaucracy, Rajiv Gauba named new Home Secretary.
- Kenneth I Juster is set to be America’s new ambassador to India on 22nd June 2017.
- Indian origin doctor Kailash Chand has been appointed honorary VP of UK medical body.
21 June 2017
- Indore has become the first city in India where a robot is being used on an experimental basis to control traffic in city.
- According to Mercer’s 23rd Annual Cost of Living Survey, Mumbai is the most expensive city for expatriates in India.
- Reliance Defence inks pact with Serbia’s Yugoimport to make ammunition in India.
- Indian Agricultural Microbiologist Shrihari Chandraghatki has been conferred the Ministry of Environmental Award for 2017 in Japan.
- Qatar Airlines is voted as World’s best airline at the Skytrax 2017 World Airline Awards.
- Uber Technologies Inc Co-founder Travis Kalanick has stepped down as CEO on 21st June 2017.
- Saudi Arabia’s Deputy Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman was named as crown prince on 21st June 2017.
- India cricket coach Anil Kumble has stepped down from his position on 20th June 2017.
- 3rd edition of International Yoga Day was celebrated across India on 21st June 2017.
- World Music Day is also celebrated on 21st June 2017.
20 June 2017
- Sachin Tendulkar’s Mother-in-Law and social activist Annabel Mehta, a British national, has been awarded the MBE (Member of order of british empire) on 18th June 2017. She has been given award for her work and service to the underpriviledged communities in Mumbai, and the NGO Apnalaya.
- John Bew wins the 2017 Orwell prize, Britain’s most prestigious prize. It is for political writing.
- Professional wrestler Jinder Mahal retained World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Championship at St Louis, Missouri, US on June 18, 2017.
- Indian Wushu Team won 6 medals, two Gold, two silvers & two bronze, in the Wushu competition of BRICS games held in Guangzhou, China.
19 June 2017
- The government has roped in Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan to promote Goods & Service Tax (GST), which is scheduled to roll out from July1, 2017.
- Pakistan beats India by 180 runs, wins ICC Champions Trophy 2017 on 18th July 2017.
- The Iranian wrestlers won 7 medals and 69 points to win the Junior Asian Championship title.
- Indonesia open super series final winners 2017:-
- Men’s Singles – Kidambi Srikanth (India)
- Men’s Doubles – Li Junhui (China) / Liu Yuchen (China)
- Women’s Singles – Sayako Sato (Japan)
- Women’s Doubles – Chen Quingchen (China) / Jia Yifan (China)
- Mixed Doubles – Tontowi Ahmad (Indonesia) / Liliyana Natsir (Indonesia)
18 June 2017
- Connaught Place is the most expensive office market space in India and 9th most expensive in world according to Global Prime Office Occupancy Costs Survey.
- Syama Sanju was declared the Queen of Dhwayah, the winner at Kerela’s first ever beauty peagent for transgender women.
- According to sources in ICC, the nest edition of World T20 will only be held in 2020.
- 18th June is celebrated as Father’s Day every year.
17 June 2017
- Vivid Sydney breaks the Guiness World Record for maximum number of light installations. It is the World’s largest festival of light, music & ideas.
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur awarded the degree to P.T.Usha at its 50th convocation in Kanpur on 16th June 2017.
- The ASEAN dengue day (ADD) is observed every year on 15th June.
16 June 2017
- The government has made Aadhar Card mandatory for opening bank accounts as well as for any financial transaction of Rs 50,000 and above.
- India has ranked 75th in environmental impact survey conducted by UK-based Money Super Market.
- India american filmmaker Mira Nair won the Dorothy Arzner Directors award at the Beverly Hills Hotel, USA.
- The fifth Bhupen Hazarika National Award 2017 is awarded to an eminent writer from Arunachal Pradesh – Yeshe Dorjee Thongshi.
- EazyDiner has appointed cricketer Yuvraj Singh as global brand ambassador.
- Virat Kohli fastest to 8000 ODI runs & Yuvraj Singh fifth Indian to play 300 ODIs.
15 June 2017
- India has ranked 60th on the Global Innovation Index (GII) 2017. Switzerland is ranked 1.
- Israeli author David Grossman has won the Man Booker International Prize for his novel “A horse walks into a Bar”.
- Delhi Metro Railway Corporation (DMRC) Principal Adviser E. Sreedharan has been selected for the Nanniyode Rajan Memorial Award.
- Senior Bureaucrat Kajal Singh has been appointed as Executive Vice President (Services) in Goods & Services Tax Network (GSTN).
14 June 2017
- Google ranked as world’s most valuable brand in 2017. Google was founded on 4th Sept 1998 with current CEO being Sundar Pichai.
- TATA motors appoints Girish Wagh as CV unit head.
- The World Blood Donor Day is observed globally on 14th June 2017.
13 June 2017
- As per a report released by Child Rights & You (CRY), Uttar Pradesh has the highest number of children (250672) engaged in labour.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced on 13th June that it has issued Rs 500 denomination notes with inset letter A.
- Water conservation model, ‘Project Jal Sanchay’ in Nalanda district of Bihar has been selected for the national award for excellence in the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural employement Guarantee Programme (MGNREGP), by the Ministry of Rural Development.
- According to the latest MRF tyres ICC ODI Player rankings Indian captain Virat Kohli has reclaimed the world number one position in the ODI batting rankings. John Hazlewood of Australia achieved the top spot in the bowler’s rankings.
- Rafael Nadal moved upto No 2 spot in the ATP rankings and Novak Djokovic slides to No 4 from No 2.
- India’s Jitu Rai & Heena Sidhu have won the Gold Medal in mixed team 10 m air pistol event of the ISSF World Cup at Gabala, Azerbaijan on 13th June 2017.
12 June 2017
- World’s largest floating Solar Farm launched in China, consisting of 160000 panels.
- India emerges as 7th largest exporter of agri-products globally, says commerce Secretary.
- Indian girl Padmalaya Nanda bags Little Miss Universe Internet 2017 crown at Little Miss UNiverse in Georgia.
- World’s smallest & cheapest private Jet ‘Vision Jet’ launched in USA.
- Vietnam Grand Master Nguyen Duchoa has bagged a win against Indian Grand Master Neeloptal Das on 10th Mumbai Mayor’s Cup International open Chess Tournament.
- Lewis Hamilton won the Canadian Grand Prix for the sixth time on 12th June 2017.
- World day against child labor 2017 is observed globally on 12th of June.
11 June 2017
- Kolkata to get India’s first underwater Metro. The tunnel has been constructed 30 metres below riverbed.
- Veteran Bengali film actor Soumitra Chatterjee has been conferred with the highest French civilian honour, the legion of d’honneur.
- 2017 French Open – Winner’s Overview
- Men’s Singles – Rafael Nadal
- Women’s Singles – Jelena Ostapenko
- Men’s Doubles – Ryan Harrison & Michael Venus
- Women’s Doubles – Bethanie Mattek-Sands & Lucie Safarova
- Mixed Doubles – Gabriela Dabrowski & Rohan Bopanna
- Shashikant Kutwal has won the Gold medal at the 17th World Individual Chess Championship for differently abled on 11th of June.
- Dhanya Shah & Sanmay Gandhi have won the Under-14 doubles title of the Asian Junior Tennis Championships on 11th June 2017.
10 June 2017
- Supreme court has ruled that it is mandatory for all Aadhar holders to link the unique identity number with PAN for filing income tax returns.
- Ruchira Kamboj appointed as the next High Commisioner of India to the republic of South Africa.
- Vikram Limaye has been appointed as the next MD & CEO of National Stock Exchange.
9 June 2017
- Adam Zagajewski, one of the most pre-eminent contemporary Polish poets, novelists and essayists has won Spain’s prestigious Princess of Asturias Award for literature.
- Microsoft has acquired Hexadite. It is an israel startup that uses AI to identify and protect against attacks.
- The three Indian men featured in the top-15 of the world rankings released by the Badminton World Federation (BWF) on 8th June 2017. Ajay Jayaram (No 13) , Kidambi Srikanth (No 14) and Sai Praneeth (No 15) are the three men who achieved this High.
- Muttiah Muralidharan becomes first Srilankan to be inducted into ICC hall of Fame.
- Mohan Bagan and Chennaiyin FC striker Jeje Lalpekhlua has been nominated as the ‘2016 All India Football Federation (AIFF) Player of the Year.
8 June 2017
- For the first time the Indian Institute of Technology – Delhi has replaced Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, as the highest ranked Indian University in Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings 2017. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) of USA being number 1 in the world.
- Lt Col Raja Chari is the first Indian American after Kalpana Chawla to be chosen by NASA for one of its missions from 18,000 applicants at NASA’s Johnson Space Center in Houston.
- Indian Cricket Team Captain Virat Kohli is the only Indian Sportsperson to feature among the world’s 100 highest paid athletes in the latest Forbes List.
7 June 2017
- K G Karmakar & Gauri Shankar are appointed as Independent Directors of India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) on 7th June 2017.
- Hoshiar Singh, a 1994 batch officer of the Indian Telecom Service has been appointed as Registrar of Copyrights.
- Sher Bahadur Deuba has been elected PM of the Nepal. This will be Deuba’s fourth stint as PM of the Himalayan Country.
6 June 2017
- Authors Neelakantan, Satpathy to be honoured with Kalinga Literary Awards.
- Bollywood Actress Dia Mirza appointed Wildlife Trust of India’s brand ambassador.
- Real Madrid make history, thrash Juve 4-1 to retain Champions League Title.
5 June 2017
- India overtakes China to top global retail index says GRDI report.
- Filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar to receive Bharat Gaurav Award by NRI community of US.
- Indian tennis player Ramkumar Ramanathan has won Raymond Sarmiento of the USA in Singapore.
- The book “Ministry of Utmost Happiness” has been authored by Arundhati Roy, book released on 5th June 2017.
- World Environment Day (WED) is being observed on 5th June to raise global awareness for the protection of our environment and the planet earth.
4 June 2017
- The ministry of Rural Development has selected Vizianagaram in Andhra Pradesh as one among the 17 districts across the nation for the MNREGA annual award for effective implementation of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employement Guarantee Act during 2015-16.
- Praneeth wins Thailand Grand Prix Gold title.
3 June 2017
- Parm Jit Mann appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Republic Slovenia.
- Shashi Shekhar Vempati named CEO of public broadcaster Prasar Bharti.
- Indian wild card Nitin wins Asian Junior Tennis Championship boys single title.
2 June 2017
- India’s first ‘freight village’ will be developed by the Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- Indian-American girl Ananya Vinay wins 90th Scripps National Spelling Bee Competition of US.
- Shaktikanta Das retires as Economic Affairs Secretary, Tapan Ray to take over.
- Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic sworn in as new President of Serbia.
- The reserve bank has appointed Ganesh Kumar as new Executive Director.
- West Indies cricket team’s official name changed to Windies.
1 June 2017
- India ranked 137th in the Global Peace Index 2017. Iceland at number 1.
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) of India received prestigious International Award of Asia Pacific Quality Network (APQN) titled “APQN Quality Award 2017 for International Co-operation in Quality Assurance” on May 26, 2017 in Moscow, Russia.
- Slovak Foreign Minister Miroslav Lajcak was elected as the President of 72nd session of the UN General Assembly.
- Jet Airways appoints Vinay Dube as CEO.
- World Milk Day has been observed on 1st of June every year. It is an initiative of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).