31 July 2017
- Minister for Steel Chaudhary Birender Singh said that first time India has become a net export country in Steel. It has been announced on 31st of July 2017.
- Amazon Prime Video has signed deal with Bollywood star Salman Khan to premiere his all future films first exclusively on Amazon Prime Video right after the theatrical release.
- An Army medic from Michigan James McCloughan is becoming the first person to receive the Medal of Honor from President Donald Trump in Wahington.
- Indian shuttler C Rahul Yadav and Men’s doubles pair of Manu Attri and B Sumeeth Reddy has won the Men’s singles and Men’s doubles title at Lagos International challenge.
- India has bagged total 24 medals at the Jordan Junior and Cadet Open table tennis tournament.The event held in Amman the capital of Jordan.
- Sebastian Vettel won a Hungarian Grand Prix. He took the checkered flag 0.9 seconds ahead of Raikkonen on 30th July 2017. This is his fourth win of the season and 46th of his Formula One career.
- John Isner(From USA) won his fourth ATP tennis Atlanta title on 30th of July 2017.
30 July 2017
- A Japanese historian Yoshiaki Ishizawa, who helped Cambodians preserve the Angkor temples and a Sri Lankan teacher Gethsie Shanmugam, who counselled war widows and orphans to overcome their nightmares are among the six winners of this year’s Ramon Magsaysay award. It is regarded as Asia’s version of the Nobel Prizeand was first awarded in the year 1958.
- The 20-year-old American Swimmer Caeleb Dressel has become the first swimmer to win three gold medals on a single night at either the FINA World Swimming Championship or the Olympics.
- Britain’s Adam Peaty broke the 50m breaststroke world record for the second time in a day as he reached the World Aquatics Championships final in Budapest, Hungary.
- Kylie Masse of Canada won women’s 100m backstroke gold in a new world-record time at the world aquatics championships.
- Indian boxers have bagged a total of 8 medals at the 48th Grand Prix at Usti Nad Labem in Czech Republic. The five gold medals for India were bagged by world championships bronze-medallist Shiva Thapa(60kg), former Commonwealth Games gold-medallist Manoj Kumar(69kg), Amit Phangal, Gaurav Bidhuri(52kg) and Satish Kumar(+91kg).
29 July 2017
- Kolkata-based football club Mohun Bagan conferred prestigious Mohun Bagan Ratna award on former club captain and coach Subrata Bhattacharya, while Indian Women’s cricket team veteran pacer Jhulan Goswami was given a special award at the club’s annual day programme in Kolkata on July 29, 2017.
Other Awardees at Mohun Bagan Annual Awards Ceremony:
|Best Youth Football Player||Deep Saha|
|Special Award for Mountaineer’s||Sheikh Sahabuddin and Kuntal Karar|
|Birth Centenary Award||Late Dinanath Roy|
|Special Award||Lili Das for Athletics|
- Former Petroleum Minister and senior PML-N leader Shahid Khaqan Abbasi will be appointed as the interim Prime Minister of Pakistan.
- India finished 6th in the girl’s team event of the 2017 WSF-World junior squash
championship on 29th of June 2017.
- ‘International Tiger Day’ is celebrated every year on 29th July. This year’s International Tiger Day was celebrated with the slogan ‘Fresh Ecology For Tigers’ Protection’.
28 July 2017
- Bengaluru has ranked 40th out of 50 cities on Women Entrepreneur (WE) Cities Index 2017 study released by Dell.
- Indian shuttler HS Prannoy climbed to 17th position in the BWF world rankings released on 28th of July 2017.
- World Hepatitis Day is observed on 28th July every year. Viral hepatitis is one of the leading causes of death globally, accounting for 1.34 million deaths per year that’s as many as HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis or malaria.
27 July 2017
- Janata Dal (United) President, Nitish Kumar took oath as Chief Minister of Bihar for 6th time.
- Axis Bank has re-appointed Shikha Sharma as MD&CEO of Axis Bank for three-year term from June 2018.
- Axis Bank has announced that it has agreed to buy mobile payments wallet provider FreeCharge from e-commerce company Snapdeal for Rs 385 crore.
- As per the announcement by Trivendra Singh Rawat, Chief Minister of Uttarakhand the count of tigers in Uttarakhand shot up 242 with an increase of 63 big cats in the year 2017.
- The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Competition Committee has awarded Indonesia the hosting of the AFC Under-19 championship 2018.
26 July 2017
- Shri Subhash Chandra Garg has appointed as India’s Alternated Governor on the Board of Governors of ADB.
- The country is celebrating the 18th Anniversary of ‘Kargil Vijay Diwas’ on 26th of July, 2017.
25 July 2017
- On July 24, 2017, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee conferred this year’s ‘Mahanayak Samman 2017’ to veteran actress Shakuntala Barua for her contribution to the world of cinema.
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai is going to join the board of directors of Alphabet, Google’s parent company announced on 7th of July 2017.
- Janalakshmi Financial Services (JFS), the largest microfinance company, has announced the appointment of its new CEO Ajay Kanwal.
- Kaur has made a jump of seven slots to move to 6th position in the latest ICC Women’s ODI Rankings. It is released on 25th of July 2017.
- Indian weightlifter Konsam Ormila Devi has bagged a gold medal at the Asian Youth and Junior Weightlifting Championships in Kathmandu, Nepal.
24 July 2017
- Eighth edition of World Para Athletics Championships was held in London, UK from 14th to 23rd July, 2017. It was organized by the World Para Athletics subcommittee of the International Paralympic Committee.
India ranked at 34th position on medal table. Indian team won 5 medals (1 gold, 2 silver and 2 bronze) in this championship.
i. Indian Para-athlete Sundar Singh Gurjar became second Indian to win gold at the World Para Athletics Championships.
ii. India’s Amit Kumar Saroha clinched a silver medal in men’s club throwcompetition, Discus-thrower Karamjyoti Dalal won a Bronze medal, High jumpers Sharad Kumar and Varun Bhati won silver and bronze medal respectively.
- England beat India to win ICC women world cup 2017. The ICC Women World Cup 2017 held at Lord’s Cricket Ground at London. It was England’s fourth Women’s World Cup title.
- Indian Shuttler H S Prannoy has won the US Open Grand Prix Gold badminton tournament title on 24th July 2017.
- World Youth Champion boxer Sachin Siwach had won a gold medal at the Commonwealth Youth Games on 23th of July 2017.
23 July 2017
- On July 22, 2017, US Navy commissioned world’s largest aircraft carrier, USS Gerald R Ford into the fleet.
- Linkin Park lead singer Chester Bennington has passed away on 13th of July 2017. He was 41. He was an American Singer.
22 July 2017
- On July 21, 2017, Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (Amendment) Bill, 2017, a bill amending the law on free and compulsory education to extend the deadline for teachers to acquire the prescribed minimum qualifications for appointment was passed in Lok Sabha.
- 197 Asian companies have featured in the latest edition of the Fortune Global 500 list, which ranks companies by their revenues in 2016.
- Sanjay Kothari a Chairman of Public Enterprises Selection Board, has been appointed asSecretary to President-elect Ram NathKovind.
- Brenda Hale has been appointed as the first female president of the UK Supreme Court.
21 July 2017
- The Indian Army has signed a MoU with the Defence Research and Development Organisation ( DRDO) to raise one regiment of the advanced Medium Range Surface to Air Missiles ( MRSAM).
- Adobe Systems has appointed Shanmugh Natarajan as the Managing Director for Adobe Systems in India on 21st of July 2017.
- Former minister Lord Davies is appointed as new chairman of the UK India Business Council (UKIBC).
- Russia’s Kazan has been selected to host the 2022 World Short Course Swimming Championships.
20 July 2017
- On July 19, 2017, Veteran Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani received the Lifetime Achievement Award for his contributions as a parliamentarian in the Lok Sabha.Janata Dal (United) leader Sharad Yadav also received the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- On July 20, 2017, BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) nominee Ram Nath Kovind was elected as the 14th President of India.
- Tamil film actor Kamal Haasan has been appointed brand ambassador of Pro Kabaddi League franchise “Tamil Thalaivas”, co-owned by India batting legend Sachin Tendulkar on July 19, 2017.
19 July 2017
- According to Forbes Middle East the UAE Minister of State for Tolerance Sheikha Lubna Al Qasimi has topped a poll of the most powerful Arab women in government this year.
- On July 19, 2017, Nagaland Governor PB Acharya dismissed the five-month-old government of Shurhozelie Liezietsu, and appointed Naga People’s Front (NPF) legislator,TR Zeliang as 19th Chief Minister of Nagaland.
- Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has appointed Bharat Arun as the Indian Cricket team’s bowling coach until 2019 World Cup.
- Kerala emerged champions with 159 points at the 57th National Inter-State
Championships that was held from 15th – 18th July, 2017 in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
- A group of seven Indian students has bagged two awards at a robotics Olympiad organised by ‘FIRST Global’ in Washing D.C., US.
- Mumbai teens Neel Joshi and Ananya Dabke has bagged the under-15 boys and girls titles in the Dutch Open Junior Squash Championship.
18 July 2017
- As per World Bank’s latest edition of the report titled ‘Global Economic Prospects – A fragile recovery’, India is the fourth fastest growing economy in the world behind Estonia, Uzbekistan and Nepal.
- Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu has resigned from Prime Minister NarendraModi’s Cabinet. Smriti Irani was given additional charge of the Information & Broadcast Ministry and NarendraTomar was made the Minister for Urban Development.
- Swami Smarananandaji Maharaj is elected as the 16th president of Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission on 18th of July 2017.
- World football’s governing body FIFA has lifted the ban on the Sudan Football Association (SFA).
- Nelson Mandela International Day (or Mandela Day) is celebrated every year on 18thJuly to honour the former Nobel Prize winner.
17 July 2017
- Singapore Airlines has been rated as the world’s best airline in a survey by the Travel + Leisure (T+L) magazine.
- Justice Gopal Prasad Parajuli will be the new Chief Justice of Nepal announced on 17th July 2017.
- Wimbledon Championships 2017 – Overview
Category Winner Runners-up Men’s Singles Roger Federer (Switzerland) Marin Cilic (Croatia) Women’s Singles Garbine Muguruza (Spain) Venus Williams (US) Men’s Doubles Lukasz Kubot (Poland) & Marcelo Melo (Brazil) Oliver MArach (Austria) & Mate Pavic (Croatia) Women’s Doubles Ekaterina Makarova (Russia) & Elena Vesnina (Russia) Monica Niculescu (Romania) & Chan Hao-ching (Taiwan) Mixed Doubles Jamie Murray (UK) & Martina Hingis (Switzerland) Heather Watson (UK) & Henri Kontinen (Finland)
- Lewis Hamilton Mercedes driver won his fourth successive British Grand Prix for a record-equaling fifth time at the Silverstone on 16th of July 2017.
- India has bagged three medals, including gold in the Asian Cadet Judo Championship in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
- Thangjam Tababi Devi of Manipur won the yellow metal for India in the girl’s below 44kg weight category.
- Haryana’s Simran clinched a bronze in the girl’s below 40kg division.
- Paramjeet of Haryana bagged bronze medal in the boy’s below 90kg category.
- H Manudev from Karnataka won the first National Masters snooker tournament title in Chennai on July 16, 2017. He defeated former Asian champion, Alok Kumar.
- Indian youngster Damneet Singh has wonthe India’s first silver medal at the IAAF World U18 Championships. He has won in the boys’ hammer throw category.
16 July 2017
- In a bid to empower women, Central Railway has appointed all women staff at suburban Matunga railway station, thereby making it India’s first railway station run by women.
- Udaipur in Rajasthan has featured in the ‘The World’s Top 15 Cities’ list compiled by famous magazine ‘Travel + Leisure’ (T+L).
- IIFA awards 2017 – Shahid Kapoor and Alia Bhatt wins best actor and actress award respectively. Neerja wins best Film.
- India’s Harinder Pal Sandhu won a Victorian Open squash title, in Melbourne.
- Asian champion Govindan Lakshmanan has won a gold medal in men’s 5000m race on the opening day of the National Inter-State Athletics Championships.
15 July 2017
- Swami Vivekananda Airport, Raipur, Chhattisgarh, has ranked first in Customer Satisfaction Index Survey among 49 airports in India.
- The world’s first centre is being constructed in Vietnam’s central region for breeding Saola.
- As per a new study by global research firm Ipsos, spiritual guru Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali and Muekesh Ambai controlled Reliance Jio have been rated among the top 10 most influential brands in India. Search engine Google has been ranked at the No 1 slot, Microsoft and Facebook are at number two and three respectively.
- Bishwadip Dey, who was High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, has been recognized as the next High Commissioner of India to Montserrat, with residence in Port of Spain.
- UNICEF has appointed Indian- origin Canadian YouTube star Lilly Singh as its newest Global Goodwill Ambassador on 15th of July 2017.
- Mukesh Kumar Jain has appointed the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Oriental Bank of Commerce on 15th of July 2017.
- The Railways has launched an integrated mobile application SAARTHI to cater to various passenger requirements, including ticket booking, inquiry, on-board cleaning and ordering meal on a single platform.
- Former Pakistan test captain Misbah-ul-Haq was honoured with Honorary Life Membership by the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) on 15th of July 2017.
14 July 2017
- India has ranked 116 out of 157 nations on a global index that assesses the performance of countries towards achieving the ambitious sustainable development goals (SDGs).
- Professor Subra Suresh a distinguished alumnus of IIT Madras, has been chosen as the fourth President of Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore.
- TATA sons appoints Aarthi Subramaniam as Chief Digital Officer.
- Google acquires Bangalore-based artificial intelligence firm Halli Labs.
13 July 2017
- India has granted USD 500000 to the Philippines to fight ISIS. It has been given for the rehabilitation and relief efforts in war-torn Marawi City.
- Malta becomes world’s 24th country to legalize Gay Marriage.
- Kishore Sansi, Managing Director and CEO of Vijaya Bank, has been conferred the ‘Personality of the Year’ award by Skoch Consultancy Services on 13th of July 2017.
- Former Indian batsman Sandeep Patil has named as the brand ambassador of the Indian Indoor Cricket Team on 12th July 2017.
- Iran has appointed a female CEO to lead its national airline for the first time since it was established in the 1940s.The state-owned Iran has announced on 12th of July 2017 that Farzaneh Sharafbani is appointed CEO to lead airline.
- The Board of Directors of Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF) has appointed former Supreme Court judge, Justice Vikramajit Sen, as the new chairperson of Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC).
- On July 12, 2017, India Women’ Cricket Team Captain Mithali Raj scripted history as she became the all-time leading run-getter in women’s one-day internationals (ODI), touching 6000 ODI runs mark in 183 ODI innings.
12 July 2017
- Japanese auto major Nissan has appointed Thomas Kuehl as president of its Indian operations on 12th of July 2017.
- BCCI appoints Ravi Shastri as new head coach of Indian cricket team, Zaheer Khan bowling coach.
- BJP President Amit Shah and RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat has released a coffee table book on Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s life in New Delhi. The book Making of A Legend, has been compiled by Sulabh International Founder Bindeshwar Pathak.
11 July 2017
- Indian Railways Organization for Alternate Fuel (IROAF) has set gold standards by winning Golden Peacock Award for Eco Innovation for the year 2017 for introducing eco friendly and cost saving Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) based Dual Fuel 1400 HP Diesel engines on Diesel Electric Multiple Unit (DEMU) trains.
- Debi Prasad Dash has taken over as the Director General of the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI).
- Vistara has announced appointment of Leslie Thng as its Chief Executive Officer from October this year.
- World Population day is observed every year on July 11th 2017 to raise awareness of global population issues since 1989.
10 July 2017
- Climate and energy efficiency solutions company Danfoss India has been conferred with the ‘Golden Peacock Award’ for Environment Management. Ravichandran Purushothaman is the present President of Danfoss India.
- Valtteri Bottas roared to the second victory of his career when he won the Austrian Grand Prix for Mercedes.
- India has topped the medal tally for the first time in the history of Asian Athletics Championships. With that, the hosts ended the championships on top with a haul of 29 medals which included 12 gold, 5 silver, and 12 bronze. India’s earlier best came way back in the 1985 Jakarta edition where they had won 22 medals. India pushed China to the second spot (20 Medals). China ended this edition with a tally of 8 gold, 7 silver, 5 bronze.
9 July 2017
- Actor Ranveer Singh has featured in GQ’s Most Influential Young Indians 2017. ‘Baahubali’ actor Prabhas with other actors have featured in the Most Influential Young Indians Artistes list by GQ India magazine.
- Academy Award-winning composer AR Rahman has been shortlisted for the World Soundtrack Awards for his upcoming film, Viceroy’s House.
- John Joseph has been appointed Director General of Goods and Services Tax Intelligence (DG GSTI) on 9th of July 2017.
- Incumbent Raninder Singh was on 8th july, 2017 re-elected president of the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) for a four-year term in Mohali. Raninder is the son of Punjab Chief Minister Capt. Amarinder Singh.
- Teenage Atthaya Thitikul became the youngest winner on the Ladies European Tour on 9th of July 2017.
8 July 2017
- According to the reports Chhattisgarh has topped the list in issuance of soil health cards among all the states in the country. Chhattisgarh has issued over 43 lakh soil health cards (SHCs) to farmers in the past two years.
- Water Health International (WHI), a US-based company with operating headquarters in Hyderabad, has been awarded the Unilever Global Development Award at the 20th Responsible Business Awards ceremony, held in London on July 4, 2017.
- Tata Steel has won the Prime Minister’s trophy for being the best performing integrated steel plant in the country during 2014-15 and 2015-16. This makes it the third consecutive-year for the firm to be honoured with this award.
- Khaltmaa Battulga, 54, a member of the Democratic Party, won with 50.6 percent of the vote for the presidential election according to General Election Commission, and wins mongolian presidential election.
- Saima Wazed Hossain has appointed as WHO Goodwill Ambassador for Autism in South-East Asia Region on 7th of July 2017.
- Harinder Pal Sandhu wins South Australian open title. This win is the eighth title at the PSA level on 8th July 2017 and the third this season after winning two in Malaysia in the month of May.
7 July 2017
- As per UN International Telecommunication Union (ITU),Cyber-Security Index, India ranks 23rd out of the 193 countries with a score of 0.683.
- An Indian-origin man Guruswamy Jayraman was awarded Order of Australia for community work on 6th of July 2017. It is Australia’s highest civilian award.
- Sanjiv Goenka, has been selected as the Chairman of the Board of Governors at IIT-Kharagpur. He will serve for three years.
- India’s Ambassador to Peru Sandeep Chakravorty has been appointed as the head of the Indian consulate in New York on 7th of July 2017.
6 July 2017
- Siemens has opened its first digital factory in India on 5th of July 2017. It is also the third globally after one each in Germany and China.
- Kewal Handa on 5th of July 2017 was appointed as non-executive chairman of Union Bank of India.
- India (232/8) beat Sri Lanka (216/7) to register their fourth straight win at the ICC
Women’s World Cup 2017.
- India has moved four places up to the 96th position in the FIFA World ranking released on 6th of July 2017.
- India’s leading Pankaj Advani teamed up with Laxman Rawat to beat Pakistan in the final of the Asian Team Snooker Championship.
5 July 2017
- Pradeep Kumar Rawat has presently a Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) here, has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Indonesia.
- Tata Global Beverages Ltd has appointed Tata Sons head N Chandrasekaran as Chairman with immediate effect.
- Nokia has announced that it has entered into a wide-ranging patent licensing and purchase deal with Xiaomi on 5th of July 2017.
4 July 2017
- TERI – body that conducts research for sustainable development of India – was ranked number two by the International Center for Climate Governance (ICCG).
- Swayam Shikshan Prayog is a city-based NGO, has been awarded the United Nations Development Programme’s Equator Prize. It has been awarded for devising an ecologically sustainable agriculture model to combat the adverse impacts of drought.
- Lieutenant General Mahesh Senanayake, who played a key role in defeating the Tamil Tigers during the three-decade-long brutal civil war, has been appointed as New Army Commander of Sri Lanka by Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena.
- Himachal Pradesh DGP Sanjay Kumar has been appointed as the new chief of the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) on 3th of July 2017.
3 July 2017
- Realty firm Signature Global, which is into the development of affordable homes, has roped in Bollywood actress Vidya Balan as brand ambassador.
- On July 1, 2017, Novak Djokovic won his second ATP World Tour title of the season by beating Gael Monfils at the Aegon International in Eastbourne in Men’s Singles category.
- Germany has won their first ever football Confederations Cup title after they secured a 1-0 victory against Copa America winners Chile on 2nd of July 2017.
- On July 2, 2017, Indian woman badminton player Ritika Thaker defeated another Indian woman badminton player Simran Singhi to win the singles title in the Ivory Coast International badminton tournament at Abidjan.
- On July 2, 2017, Jehan Daruvala became the first Indian driver to win in the FIA Formula 3 European Championship claiming victory at Norisring in the final race of Round 5.
2 July 2017
- On June 30, 2017, writer Preeti Shenoy was awarded Indian of the Year Award by Brands Academy in New Delhi. Brands Academy is one of the most reputed branding companies in India to recognise the achievements of personalities who have contributed towards building up the reputation of the country. Preeti Shenoy is one of India’s top five highest selling women authors.
- Mahesh Muralidhar Bhagwat, an IPS Officer from Telangana has been conferred with the 2017 Trafficking in Persons (TIP) Report Heroes Award by the US state department. Mr Bhagwat, the current Rachakonda Police Commissioner is the third IPS officer to get the honour.
- Election Commissioner Achal Kumar Jyoti will take charge as the Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) of India after current CEC Nasim Zaidi retires on July 6, 2017.
- On June 30, 2017, M S Dhoni became the first Indian batsman to hit more than 200 sixes in One-Day International (ODI) cricket.
1 July 2017
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime officially came into force on July 1, 2017.
- Two Indian – Americans Shantanu Narayen (Chief of Adobe) and Vivek Murthy (Former US Surgeon General) will be honoured with the prestigious ‘Great Immigrants’ annual award on US’s Independence Day on July 4.
- Former India defender Subrata Bhattacharya will get the ‘Mohun Bagan Ratna’ for this year. It was announced on 30th of June 2017.
- A senior lawyer in the Supreme Court of India and constitutional expert K.K. Venugopal has been appointed as a new 15th Attorney General.
- The Uttar Pradesh government named Rajiv Kumar as the new Chief Secretary of the state on 29th of June 2017.
- National Doctor’s Day is celebrated to commemorate the contributions of the gods on earth.India observes doctor’s day on 1st of July in honour of former West Bengal Chief Minister, Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy, who was also a physician.